Philip Rusnak works with clients who are contemplating, are in the process of divorce, or have not yet finalized their settlement.
Do you wonder about any of these questions?
- “Will I be able to afford to stay in the house? I’m not sure that I can handle the mortgage on my own, but I don’t want to give up the home I have raised my children in. Can I stay here? If not, what other options do I have?”
- “Am I really getting my fair share? Things appear to be 50/50 by the looks of them, but something tells me there are things that have not been considered. Are some assets better to have than others? How do I know that I will be financially secure after my divorce?”
- “What about retirement? My spouse has a 401k for retirement, I have nothing. Am I entitled to any of it? I haven’t worked outside the home. Will I still be able to collect Social Security?”
- “What steps can I take now to avoid being saddled with my ex’s debt? Can creditors come after me if the divorce decree states that my ex is responsible for paying off a debt and he defaults?”
- How can I protect the payments I am entitled to if something should happen to my ex-spouse? What if my ex should become disabled or passes away? Is there a way to make sure that I still receive the money that I have been promised in our divorce settlement