What is Divorce Financial Planning?
We begin by helping you articulate your financial needs, concerns, and objectives. Then, we help you identify accurate values for your assets, debts, income and expenses.
Financial Solutions for Divorce prepares schedules that project cash flows, net worth, and tax effects of proposed settlements. Putting that information in language you can understand helps you take the next steps.
We consult with you, your attorneys, and other advisors to evaluate financial reports and proposed divorce settlements, answer questions, and provide the information and advice you need to go forward.
Thorough financial planning sets a positive tone for productive discussions. Our clients find that the process becomes more efficient and cost effective. Their stress, frustration, and anxiety diminish. They feel confident and prepared to make prudent financial decisions.
Everyone’s financial needs and goals are different. Every divorce is unique. Financial Solutions for Divorce offers the services of experienced divorce financial analysts to consult with one party or we serve as a “neutral” advisor to work with both parties to guide decision-making and problem-solving on one or more of the financial issues related to your divorce, including:
- Tax issues
- Property division
- Health care insurance
- Retirement and pension plans
- Social security
- Property and business interests
- Cash flow analysis
- Budget analysis
- Lifestyle/living expense analysis
- Credits and reimbursements
- Debt pay-off
- Life Insurance
- Employee benefits
- Children’s education/special needs
- Separate vs. marital property
- Spousal and child support
- Recalculate support per agreement or change in circumstances
- Stock options
- Separate property claims
- Sell vs. keep personal residence
How the Divorce Financial Planning Process Works
- Meet. During our initial meeting, we discuss your immediate and long-term financial needs, concern, and objectives.
- Discover. We provide an efficient process to gather and record your financial information. We identify your assets, debts, income, and expenses along with potential tax, insurance, retirement, and other financial issues.
- Analyze. We provide personalized schedules of all relevant information; prepare long-term cash flow, net worth, and alternative property division projections; and examine the after-tax effect and long-term consequences of all proposed settlements.
- Review. We meet with you to evaluate reports and answer questions in language you can understand.
- Recommend. We provide information and advice to help you make prudent, workable decisions.
- Report. We consult with you, your attorneys, and other advisors, as needed, and prepare reports that document your settlement agreement.
- Follow-up. We monitor the transfer of assets to insure that your property division is consistent with you settlement agreement.